Preparing letters and emails for clients or third-party institutions may seem like a quick and simple task for an administrator or an adviser to action. Many financial planning practices utilise word templates saved in shared folders to simplify this task, however this process still requires the document to be edited to reflect the client’s and/or adviser’s details. The cumulative time spent on this will quickly add up.
Templates saved as a word documents, what risks do they pose?
Common concerns raised by financial planning practices regarding templates revolve around quality assurance and management.
Word templates can have the following risks and disadvantages:
- Human error may result in accidental deletion of files or unintended changes that are saved over the original template.
- Key staff members may save templates on their desktop, making it inaccessible for others during their absence.
- With different staff creating and sharing their own templates, the formatting of the document may not be consistent across the business.
- Each document requires editing with client and adviser details, which increases the risk of human error such as incorrect client details
Benefits of coding and storing your templates on XPLAN
By building and maintaining a library of coded letters, documents, and email templates within XPLAN, users will have access to a centralised library of templates that pre-populate client and adviser information (including adviser signatures), which provide a quality-assured and efficient means of generating letters and emails.
Reminder: 3 tips to ensure you get the maintain and get the most out of your templates:
- Ensure only key staff members are provided access to create, edit, or delete templates.
- Ensure all client and adviser information within XPLAN (contact and address details, preferred salutation etc) is up to date.
- Utilise Xmerge to ‘Bulk Merge’ letters and emails for multiple clients
How you can build your own library of coded templates
- We can help build it for you - If you need assistance with building templates for your practice please reach out to your Account Manager who will happily assist in guiding you through the process.
- DIY – Find out more on how you can ‘Create a Template’ and ‘Maintain and Manage your Templates’ by checking out our Insights Community or attend one of our Training Sessions held across our office locations.