What does/should a good client-facing report look like?
Given the opportunity, what would you include in your brief for a 'Dream' report? To make this exercise simpler, the attached example was created to provide advisers with a benchmark.
Within this report (which is very portfolio/investment centric) you will find:
- A 'position' summary
- An Executive Summary (utilises a 'global' default for efficiency but readily supports customised, client-specific content, if desired)
- A series of 'summary-style' portfolio charts and reports
- Market Commentary (drawn from a central library for ease of management)
- Investment recommendations (utilising 'Local Research/Product Research Fields' to significantly enhance efficiency)
- Maturing Investments (proactive advice concerning investments with maturity dates)
- Expiring Identity Documents
- Fee Disclosure (automated)
- Tailored detail reports (landscape orientated reports bundled into the document appendix)
Keen for any feedback and/or examples which you may have that you'd like to see included or automated.
- merged example: Wealth Creators Portfolio Review (based on V64)
- xmerge template (Libre Office format): Wealth Creators Review V64 XMerge Template (the 'Dream Report')
Update: This report is being superseded by the Analysis & Review Report - A new and revised 'Dream Report'.